Based in the regional NSW town of Cessnock in the Hunter Valley, I have been actively involved in the administration of two incorporated associations for over 10 years – the NSW Floral Art Association and the Australian Floral Art Association.
NSW Floral Art Association Inc.
- Newsletter creation (2012 – 2017)
- Website management (2012 – 2023)
- Policy document creation and maintenance (2012 – 2020)
- Constitution review and amendments (2016 – 2022)
- Virtual national convention management and hosting (2020 -2021)
- Social media management (2012 – 2022)
- Video production, editing and management (2019 – 2023)
- Secretary (2013 – 2016)
- President (2016 – 2020)
Australian Floral Art Association
- Newsletter creation – paper and digital (2013 – 2022)
- Website management (2014 – 2023)
- International delegate – General Assembly, World Association of Floral Artists (2017, 2020)
- President, National Management Committee (2018 – 2023)
Awarded the Ann Williams Clark medallion from Garden Clubs Australia for services to the NSW Floral Art Association Inc.
Awarded the AFAA medallion for the hosting of the AFAA Virtual Convention 2021 (first time in the world for an online live 3 day floral art convention)
Outside of these floral art commitments, I have been responsible for a weekly podcast since 2015 (Inside-Exec.Com) produced for senior business executives with topics centred around management issues.
My corporate working experience was in both public and private sectors from 1979 until 2010 after which I took up various community based volunteer roles in the Central Coast and Hunter regions of NSW.
Some recent examples of my floral designs for competition, demonstrations and private events in the past 12 months.